- Being a Karate Parent
You can help coach your child to Black Belt success by:
- Always complimenting your child after class. Children should always associate karate with feelings of success and pride.
- Be there to watch your child up to 75% of the time. Get involved, be your child’s No. 1 fan and cheer leader. Attend Graduations and bring friends, your child has worked hard, celebrate with them.
- Trying to avoid being a drop off parent. It’s a well known fact that kids who drop out of karate typically have parents who don’t take the time to get involved.
- Getting into a regular schedule as much as possible so children can mentally prepare for class straight after school. Leave the TV off after school, especially before karate.
- Leading by example. Eat healthy, drink water, have a positive attitude. Deal with stress and challenges the same way you would like your child to.
We also hold special events such as:
- Parents’ night out
- Birthday Parties
- Holiday Programs
- Bring a buddy days
- Exciting graduation days